Friday, May 16, 2008

ARTIST: Peter Williamson



Peter Williamson is an environmental artist, who has been working and exhibiting in Sydney since 2006. He has been an invited artist in several community festivals and has exhibited work in galleries in Sydney and the Blue Mountains.

Peter says, "I am an environmental artist, working in and with natural materials found in urban contexts. I use tree litter, fallen flowers, water, sticks, mud and stones for my work. My installation work is ephemeral and is photographed as documentation of the process of creation and dispersal. One of the goals of my work is to draw attention to the existence and potentials of natural objects all around us in the city, those things which are often overlooked as useless or used, but have intrinsic qualities of strength, durability and beauty that can be drawn out with a careful hand."

No comments: