Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ARTIST: April White




April was born in Collingwood, Ontario, Canada in 1972. She now lives between Sydney and the Blue Mountains.

After completing her Fine Arts education in Canada, she travelled extensively before returning to work ingraphic design; while painting on the side. She exhibited in Toronto with her paintings inspired by her travels.

”My inspiration has always come from both within me and from the external world… sometimes an exchange of energy between me and my surroundings is what prompts me to create, and to express an emotion through line and colour.”

April continues to surround and stimulate herself with different scenery, different wildlife; and through observing different ways of the world. These observations take her from Thailand (where she lives and paints for 2 months of every year); Canada, where she likes to reconnect with her roots; to Australia where she lives and now paints full time.

No comments: